Tangerine Tiger Shrimp (Caridina serrata var. “Tangerine Tiger”), Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we ship Tangerine Tiger Shrimp exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Tangerine Tiger Shrimp is a vibrantly colorful species that can be bred in the home aquarium!
The Tangerine Tiger Shrimp (Caridina serrata var. “Tangerine Tiger”) is an increasingly popular dwarf shrimp. It is relatively hardy like many of the Neocaridina dwarf shrimp (although it does require acidic water) and is a great option for dedicated aquarists who are looking to try something new. Its body is typically an overall intense, translucent orange or yellow-orange color and does not have as much black striping or spotting as the regular Tiger Shrimp.
Another great characteristic of the Tangerine Tiger Shrimp is that it will not interbreed with Neocaridina dwarf shrimp, so it will not compromise the genetics of breeding colonies of shrimp such as Cherry, Blue Velvet, Neon Yellow, Orange, Black/Blue Diamond, Chocolate, Snowball, and Rili shrimp.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- High quality coloration, great companion colony to Neocaridina shrimp
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Possible to breed in the home aquarium
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.2-6.8
- KH: 0 - 3 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)