Here at Aquatic Arts every shipment we send out comes with our 100% Live Arrival Guarantee. This means that if your order arrives with any dead on arrival livestock or plants we will offer a refund for the exact cost of the item, or offer store credit that does not expire in the amount of the loss. All forms of guarantees are up to our discretion.
Aquaticarts.com does a practical quarantine that allows us to ensure the animals we ship are healthy and ready to deal with shipping stress. We ship thousands of packages a week and can proudly say we have an extremely high success rate. That does not mean we are perfect and you won’t experience a shipping related issue, which is why we offer our Live Arrival Guarantee.
We do not guarantee livestock beyond the day of arrival. It is the customer’s responsibility to research any items they are interested in prior to purchase in order to ensure a suitable environment for the animal to thrive. Incompatibility with tank mates should not be overlooked and is not our responsibility. Water quality and the correct diet will help with the long term health of the animal you are purchasing. Poor maintenance routines, poor water quality, and unhealthy diet is the responsibility of the hobbyist to correct.
Conditions to Qualify for our Guarantee:
- All claims must be brought to our attention within 24 hours of the package being delivered. (Please follow the instructions provided below)
- A clear photograph of the damaged, sick, or dead fish, invertebrate, plant or dry good is required.
- Please provide one photograph of the unopened bag that contains dead livestock with the bag tie facing down as well as a second photograph of the dead livestock on top of the styro box top for easy counting purposes.
- Livestock claims are void if the customer misses the first delivery attempt.
- If you miss the delivery and the package is delayed a day or more because of it, we cannot accept responsibility for any losses. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the tracking number for delivery. Tracking numbers are provided in order shipment notification emails.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct shipping information. We can not be held responsible for deliveries made to the address that was provided to us if that address was incorrect.
- The shipment must be sent to the correct delivery address, and not forwarded to another address unless still delivered the same day. Forwarding of packages results in an extra day or more in transit.
- Any extras that are sent are not covered under the guarantee.
Submitting Your Claim:
- Please follow the instructions below to submit your claim
- Email email@example.com with your order number in the subject line.
- Please note what the issue is. Examples include: DOA (Dead on Arrival) livestock or plants, damaged livestock, plants, or dry goods, or sick livestock.
- For DOA livestock please also note how many live fish or inverts you have from the pack that contains the DOA in the email. We do send extras in most schooling fish, shrimp, and snail packs so there is a chance you may be covered, (Extras are not covered under our guarantee).
- Please provide one photograph of the unopened bag that contains dead livestock with the bag tie facing down as well as a second photograph of the dead livestock on top of the styro box top for easy counting purposes. Providing a picture of the packing label on the bag is also helpful so we can ensure we are covering the correct livestock or plant that was shipped. For shrimp and small fish, please also send a photo of the entire stock that was sent in a container so a live count can be done on all that was shipped. If the livestock or plant is just unhealthy or damaged, a picture in a specimen container or tank is sufficient so we can clearly see the issue with the livestock or plant.
- If an item is missing from the shipment please let us know what was missing along with a clear picture of the included packing slip and any items you did receive that shows the labels.
*Note for Snails: Snails may take up to a few days to bounce back after shipment. We recommend placing them in the corner of the tank or an area where you can easily observe them. Also, be sure to flip them right side up. If they do not move from this spot after a few days or if you notice the water starting to smell they need to be inspected. Please email us right away after receiving them if you suspect they may not be doing well so we can still cover them under our guarantee, but please give them a few days to see if they bounce back before submitting an official claim.
Offers for Claims:
- Please allow our customer service team time to assess your email claim and they will get back with you as soon as possible. (limited customer service hours on weekends)
- We will offer you a refund for the exact cost of the item or store credit.
- Refunds for the cost of the item are submitted and are then issued back on the method of payment used for the order. We are not able to issue refunds to a different payment method.
- Store credits are sent out via email in the form of an aquaticarts.com gift card that will never expire.
- Shipping charges are non refundable.
- We do not accept returns for any livestock, plant, or perishable items.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if there is an issue with your purchase.