This is the famous Java Moss, which probably needs no introduction. It is easily the most popular and easy-to-grow live moss in the aquarium hobby. This DELUXE Java Moss is grown completely submerged and is in INCREDIBLE condition with completely deep green color and very long shoots. It is by far the highest-quality Java Moss we have ever sold and the best you fill find anywhere!
Java Moss is a vibrant green moss that is particularly excellent for aquariums that house fish, snails, and dwarf shrimp, as it provides biofilm, hiding places, and security for all aquarium inhabitants. If you breed shrimp or fish, the fry will find vital refuge in the plant cover. Java Moss is very low-maintenance; it can be kept in any freshwater aquarium and does not need special supplementation or high-intensity lighting.
This Java Moss ships as a loose portion. It can also be grown along the rear glass of your aquarium for an impressive live plant backdrop effect! Java Moss also removes pollutants from the water by reducing nitrates and providing some dissolved oxygen, which will greatly benefit any animals in the aquarium.
We offer two portions of Java Moss which can be selected directly under the "Select a Portion" option at the top of this page:
- Half Portion (3 x 3 inch) - This is a 3 x 3 inch section of moss, which is enough to start two to three moss patches that will grow out quickly. The moss ships as a loose portion/bunch in a plastic container.
- Whole Portion (5 x 5 inch) - This is a 5 x 5 inch section of moss, which is enough to start 4 to 6 patches that will grow out quickly. It is also shipped as a loose portion/bunch in a plastic container.
- Provides refuge for fish and shrimp fry
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium décor or left floating in loose form
- Low light requirements
- Little to no supplements needed
- Temperature: 59° - 82° F (15° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Farmed in Asia, indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium Placement: Any
- Care: Easy