Deluxe Java Moss (Taxiphyllum barbieri / Vesicularia dubyana), Loose Portion
This Deluxe Java Moss is among the highest quality available anywhere!
This is the famous Java Moss (Taxiphyllum barbieri/Vesicularia dubyana) which probably needs no introduction. It is certainly the most popular and easy-to-grow live moss in the aquarium hobby. This DELUXE Java Moss is grown completely submerged and is in INCREDIBLE condition with completely deep green color and very long shoots. It is by far the highest-quality Java Moss we have ever sold and the best you fill find anywhere!
Java Moss is a vibrant green moss that is particularly excellent for aquariums that house fish, snails, and dwarf shrimp, as it provides biofilm, hiding places, and security for all aquarium inhabitants. If you breed shrimp or fish, the fry will find vital refuge in the plant cover. Java Moss is very low-maintenance; it can be kept in any freshwater aquarium and does not need special supplementation or high-intensity lighting.
This Java Moss ships as a loose portion. It can also be grown along the rear glass of your aquarium for an impressive live plant backdrop effect! Java Moss also removes pollutants from the water by reducing nitrates and providing some dissolved oxygen, which will greatly benefit any animals in the aquarium.
No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer can or will guarantee their freshwater plants to be 100% snail free. We can not guarantee our aquatic plants will be snail free.
We offer several purchase options for loose Java Moss, which can be selected directly under the "Select a Portion" option at the top of this page:
- 1/4 Cup - This is our smallest portion of moss, which is enough to start one to two moss patches that will grow our quickly. The moss ships as a loose portion/bunch in a plastic container.
- 1/2 Cup - This is a smaller portion of moss, which is enough to start two to three moss patches that will grow out quickly. The moss ships as a loose portion/bunch in a plastic container.
- 1 Cup - This is a large portion of moss, which is enough to start 4 to 6 patches that will grow out quickly. It is also shipped as a loose portion/bunch in a plastic container.
- 1/4 Cup B-Grade Portion
- 1/2 Cup B-Grade Portion
- 1 Cup B-Grade Portion
**B-Grade portions of Java moss has some brown patches, but is still healthy and will continue to grow and rebound with care. Scavenging herbivorous/omnivorous animals such as shrimp, many snails, and many other detritivores will also eat and clean up the dead patches.
- Provides refuge for fish and shrimp fry
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium décor or left floating in loose form
- Low light requirements
- Little to no supplements needed
- Superb quality
- Temperature: 59° - 82° F (15° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Farmed in Asia, indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium Placement: Any
- Care: Easy