Painted Fire Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi)
Beautiful, deep red coloration helps this little shrimp stand out sharply against any backdrop, plants, or substrate in any aquarium. Painted Fire Red Cherry Shrimp are the highest grade of red cherry shrimp available, so they are completely solid red - even their legs! These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! Like all dwarf shrimp, they are very active and breed quickly. A colony of these shrimp works as a very effective cleaning crew for your aquarium, cleaning up algae and waste.
These are freshwater shrimp and can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. They are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks, and many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control. We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age (so around 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in length) and are the highest grade of red cherry shrimp, which means that their coloration is the most intense red you'll ever find! They are even more solid red than our regular Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp!
All Red Cherry Shrimp are extremely adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. Some of the younger shrimp have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a deep red color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the deepest and darkest reds.
What We Like About This Shrimp:
- Impressive solid red coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-raised in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)