Bloody Mary Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi) - Tank-Raised!
The Bloody Mary Shrimp boasts the deepest red coloration (Neocaridina davidi) of all dwarf shrimp, even more so than the Painted Fire Red Shrimp. It appears to have a clear exoskeleton with blood red tissue underneath in both males and females. We have yet to see one that is not 100% blood red.
Care for this shrimp is identical to all varieties of Cherry, Neon Yellow, Blue Velvet, Sapphire, Blue/Black Diamond, Chocolate, Snowball, and Rili shrimp. It is comparably durable as well.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- Deepest red coloration of all dwarf shrimp varieties
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Social Behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population.
- Origin: Tank-raised in and indigenous to Taiwan.
- Average Adult Size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average Purchase Size: .5 - 1 inches (1.3 - 2.5 cm)