This beautiful shrimp is much like a red cherry shrimp in behavior and care requirements, but it is a striking cerulean blue color that is particularly pleasing to the eye.
Blue Velvet Shrimp are a rare and colorful addition to any freshwater aquarium! Their striking cerulean blue coloration adds elegance and a soothing ambiance to any aquarium set-up. These shrimp look stunning, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! They are very active and breed very quickly.
We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age. These are freshwater shrimp and can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. They are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks, and many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control.
Blue Velvet Shrimp are fairly adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. Some of the younger shrimp have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a bright blue color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the brightest blues.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- pH level range: 6.0 - 8.0
- Temperature range: 72° - 82° F (22° - 28° C)
- Water type: Soft or hard, as long as it remains stable
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of dwarf shrimp (such as Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, Amano Shrimp, etc.), various types of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for - similar to other dwarf shrimp species. Dwarf shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, willow hygro, green cabomba, etc.). This is because dwarf shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!