Blue Metal Snakeskin Guppy (Poecilia reticulata), BREDBY: Aquatic Arts
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Blue Metal Snakeskin is a noteworthy guppy variety that displays a very unique pattern! We are proud to offer specimens bred in house at Aquatic Arts!
The Blue Metal Snakeskin Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) is a very uncommon guppy type that displays a yellow-green snakeskin pattern and a body that boasts a deep blue. This variety is very rarely seen in the hobby!
Guppies typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the guppy. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but guppies may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Guppies are best kept in small groups.
While not a picky eater, the Blue Metal Snakeskin Guppy will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods. High-quality flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried tubifex and bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
What We Like About This Guppy:
- Vibrant multi-colored markings in males
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
- Easy to breed in the aquarium
Recommended Tank Parameters:
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 27.7° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- KH: 10 - 30 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 10 gallons
Guppy Care Guidelines:
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to northern South America.
- Average Adult Size: 2.5 inches (6.3 cm), females are larger
- Average Purchase Size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm) or larger
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!