Sun Orange Amano Shrimp (Caridina multidentata ) Tank Bred
Sun Orange Amano Shrimp (Caridina japonica) - Vibrant and Hardy Aquatic Delight
Introducing our Sun Orange Amano Shrimp (Caridina japonica), a perfect addition to your freshwater aquarium! Renowned for their stunning coloration and remarkable hardiness, these shrimp are a delightful and low-maintenance choice suitable for both beginners and experienced aquarists. Despite common misconceptions, comprehensive studies have revealed that Amano shrimp, initially recognized as Caridina japonica, underwent a name change to Caridina multidentata in 2006. Hailing from Taiwan, known for its rich biodiversity, these captivating shrimp thrive in various freshwater habitats, contributing to their vibrant coloration. In their natural environment, Sun Orange Amano Shrimp play a crucial role in maintaining ecological balance by feeding on algae and detritus. Popular in the aquarium trade for their adaptability, these shrimp bring a touch of Taiwanese aquatic beauty to aquariums worldwide. Carefully bred and raised, our Sun Orange Amano Shrimp reflect the natural resilience and charm of their Taiwanese origins, making them a fantastic addition to any aquarium enthusiast's collection.
What We Like About The Amano:
Vibrant Sun Orange Coloration: Watch your aquarium come alive with the vibrant hues of our Sun Orange Amano Shrimp. Their striking coloration adds a burst of warmth and energy to any aquatic setup.
Natural Algae Control: Amano shrimp are renowned for their voracious appetite for algae, making them excellent natural cleaners for your tank. Keep your aquarium crystal clear as they graze on unsightly algae, promoting a healthier aquatic environment.
Hardy and Adaptable: Sun Orange Amano Shrimp are known for their resilience and adaptability. They thrive in a variety of water parameters, making them an ideal choice for both freshwater planted tanks and community aquariums.
Peaceful Community Members: These shrimp are peaceful and coexist harmoniously with a variety of fish and other tank inhabitants. Enjoy observing their engaging behavior as they explore and interact in their aquatic home.
Low Maintenance: Easy to care for, Sun Orange Amano Shrimp are a hassle-free addition to your aquarium. They are excellent scavengers, helping to keep your tank clean while requiring minimal intervention.
Freshwater Shrimp Diet:
- Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
Recommended Tank Parameters:
- Minimum Tank Size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 80° F (17.8° - 26.6° C), the middle of this range is ideal
- pH: 6.5 - 7.9
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 1 - 7
- TDS: 100 - 400
Amano Shrimp Care Guidelines:
- Average Purchase Size for Regular: 1/4 - 1 inch (.6 - 2.5 cm)
- Average Purchase Size for Large: 1 - 2 inches (3.8 - 5 cm)
- Average Adult Size: 1 - 2+ inches (2.5 - 5+ cm)
- Social Behavior: Peaceful
- Origin: Japan, Taiwan, Ryuku Islands, Fiji
Note: Please acclimate your new Sun Orange Amano Shrimp carefully to ensure a smooth transition into their new environment.
Enhance the beauty of your aquarium with these stunning Sun Orange Amano Shrimp – order now and bring a touch of warmth to your underwater world!