Red Galaxy Pinto Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis, A Grade), Tank-Bred
Red Galaxy Pinto Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis) are notorious for their very striking red and white coloration that makes them stand out magnificently against any backdrop or substrate. Though similar to our Crystal Red Shrimp, these tend to be more uncommon and offer a more broken "galaxy" pattern.
These shrimp are A grade, meaning the intense coloration covers most of the body. Higher grades of Red Galaxy Pinto Shrimp actually have more white coverage and less red coverage, and can be very difficult to keep as they are much more sensitive than these. Because of this, A grade Red Galaxy Pinto Shrimp are the best starting point for anyone that wants to keep Red Galaxy Pinto Shrimp.
We also have the same type of shrimp in black and white, called a "Black Galaxy Pinto". They will breed with these and produce either black/white or red/white offspring only, making an absolutely gorgeous-looking colony of galaxy shrimp.
- Features unique and striking striped coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- More uncommon than typically crystal shrimp
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 68° - 72° F (20° - 22.2° C)
- pH: 6.2-6.8
- dGH: 3 - 6
- dKH: 0 - 1
- TDS: 90 - 130
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/8 - 1/2 inch (.32 - 1.3 cm)