Golden Back Yellow Shrimp Breeder Combo Box
- Golden Back Yellow Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), Tank-Bred Breeder Pack:
- 10 female shrimp and 5 male shrimp, which ship out as breeding age young adults that range from 1/2 to 1 inch in length. All shrimp are bagged together in one bag. ($80.99)
- Aquatic Arts Starter Shrimp Food Pack ($9.99)
- Botanical Breeder Combo Pack ($14.99)
- Aquatic Art's Choice Live Moss Loose Portion ($9.99)
If Purchased Separately you would have to pay $115.96 for the contents of this combo box! Start your shrimp tank the right way with this great deal!
Golden Back Yellow shrimp are a higher grade of Neon Yellow Shrimp that feature a brilliant, neon yellow "racing" stripe down the back. Their gorgeous coloration draws the eye directly to these dynamic little shrimp and adds charm and cheer to any aquarium set-up. These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! They are very active and breed quickly.
We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age. Golden Back Yellow Shrimp are fairly adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium with the right water parameters. Younger shrimp may have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a bright yellow color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the most vibrant yellows.
- Bright and cheery yellow coloration with iridescent stripe down the back
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)