Blue Bolt Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis var. “Blue Bolt”), A-S Grade, Tank-Bred!
This super colorful Bee Shrimp variant is an excellent addition to the planted or nano aquarium and will not interbreed with Neocaridina species. Its bright blue and white coloration is sure to make it the highlight of any aquarium.
- Elegant blue and white coloration
- Excellent companion colony to Neocaridina shrimp
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 65° - 80° F (18° - 27° C), lower temperatures in this range are optimal
- pH: 6.2 - 6.8
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily, but in sparing portions. Our Spirulina flakes and BacterAE make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Warning! Avoid any food product, medication, or plant fertilizer that contains Copper of any form. Copper is toxic to invertebrates. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper or more commonly copper sulfate. Always look at the ingredient list for any product going into the aquarium to ensure they are copper free.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)