Assorted Neocaridina Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi/zhangjiajiensis), Tank-Bred!
We offer mixed color assortments of Neocaridina shrimp for aquarists who want a variety of color in their tanks!
For those that love dwarf shrimp but are not interested in breeding a single color line, or for those that just want a complete mix of colors, we offer a “mixed bag” of young adult Neocaridina davidi/zhangjiajiensis shrimp. Each bag may include an assortment of colors and patterns, which can include red, blue, yellow, orange, black, white, brown, maroon, and various Rili varieties (depending on current stock, repeated color are possible).
Care for this shrimp is identical to all varieties of Cherry, Neon Yellow, Blue Velvet, Sapphire, Blue/Black Diamond, Chocolate, Snowball, and Rili shrimp. These shrimp are comparably durable as well.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter, so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. Dwarf shrimp feed constantly, so they display constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, they should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- High quality coloration and variety
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily. Our Spirulina flakes and BacterAE make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)