Crystal Shrimp Combo Pack, Tank-Bred!
This combo pack is perfect for small aquariums, and each of these varieties of shrimp can live in the same water parameters. Their beautiful red/white and black/white coloration makes these two of the most popular and sought after shrimp in the world! These will interbreed to create both red/white and black/white offspring - it's a roll of the dice each time they breed!
These shrimp are A-S grade, meaning the intense coloration covers most to all of the body. Higher grades of Crystal Red and Crystal Black Shrimp actually have more white coverage and less black coverage, and can be very difficult to keep as they are much more sensitive than these. A-S grade CRS and CBS are the best starting point for anyone that wants to keep these varieties of shrimp, and we personally think the A-S grade shrimp are the most beautiful because they have equal amounts of red/white and black/white.
- Feature unique and striking striped coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavengers
- Temperature: 70° - 78° F (21° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.2 - 6.8
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily. Our Spirulina flakes and BacterAE make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/8 - 1/2 inch (.32 - 1.3 cm)