Crystal Black Shrimp Combo Box
$ 89.99 $ 99.96
- 10 Crystal Black Shrimp ($64.99)
- 20 Crystal Black Shrimp ($124.99)
- Aquatic Arts Starter Shrimp Food Pack ($9.99)
- Botanical Breeder Combo Pack ($14.99)
- Aquatic Art's Choice Live Moss Loose Portion ($9.99)
If Purchased Separately you would have to pay $99.96 or $159.96 for the contents of this combo box! Start your shrimp tank the right way with this great deal!
Crystal Black Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis) are notorious for their striking black and white coloration that makes them stand out magnificently against any backdrop or substrate. We have offered these special shrimp in the past, and we are thrilled for the opportunity to offer them again to our newer customers!
These shrimp are A-S grade, meaning the intense coloration covers most or all of the body. Higher grades of Crystal Black Shrimp actually have more white coverage and less black coverage, and can be very difficult to keep as they are much more sensitive than these. Because of this, A-S grade CBS are the best starting point for anyone that wants to keep Crystal Black Shrimp. Also, though this is a matter of opinion, we personally find A-S grade shrimp to be the most beautiful.
- Features unique and striking striped coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 68° - 72° F (20° - 22.2° C)
- pH: 6.2-6.8
- dGH: 3 - 6
- dKH: 0 - 1
- TDS: 90 - 130
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/8 - 1/2 inch (.32 - 1.3 cm)