Blue Bolt Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis var. “Blue Bolt”), A-S Grade, Tank-Bred
This super colorful Bee Shrimp variant is an excellent addition to the planted or nano aquarium and will not interbreed with Neocaridina species. Its bright blue and white coloration is sure to make it the highlight of any aquarium.
- Elegant blue and white coloration
- Excellent companion colony to Neocaridina shrimp
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 68° - 72° F (20° - 22.2° C)
- pH: 6.2-6.8
- dGH: 3 - 6
- dKH: 0 - 1
- TDS: 90 - 130
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population.
- Origin: Tank-bred in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)