UniHeat 20 Hour Heat Pack
We have been using these heat packs in our own orders for a few years now and have had great success when it comes to keeping our animals warm & comfortable during transit.
Information found on packaging:
- Last up to 20 Hours + !
- Continuous warmth for cold weather shipping
- Ideal for shipping tropical and marine fish
- Labor saving, no kneading or shaking required
- With color indicator, easy to set up for maximum results
- Average Temperature 70F
- Maximum Temperature 110F
- Environmentally Safe, disposable, and the inner contents are biodegradable!
- Open outer package and expose pack to air, no kneading or shaking required.
- Heat pack warms up in 3 - 5 minutes and is ready to use, no pumping oxygen required
- Wrap with newspaper to avoid direct contact with fish bag, or tape pack on to the inside of lid ( SEE TIPS)
- Heat pack will not be effective if wet. do not use if pack becomes rigid.
- Do not open until ready to use. store in cool and dry place. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Environmentally safe with non - toxic ingredients, dispose with normal trash
- Under 50F environment, one heat pack is capable of raising temperature about 20F inside of standard tropical fish shipping box (16x16x9). One additional heat pack will increase temperature about 10 degrees, but doesn't increase lasting time. During very cold weather, multiple heat packs should be applied. Since shipping methods and requests varies, tips are references only. Client should perform trial test to confirm appropriate setup.
- Newspaper wrap & taping are two common methods
- newspaper wrap : wrap pack with newspaper ( allows for contact with oxygen). Put newspaper on the top of fish bags, tape the newspaper wrapped pack on top of it or tape it to the inside of the lid.
- taping : side without color indicator should face to the lid. on the other side, the venting holes situated lengthwise between two red lines and across the middle of pack. Using tape (2" or 3/4") to secure pack in any way but make sure to keep off the venting holes area.
- product for small pets shipping industry use only
- do not open inner pack. if the contents come into contact with skin, eyes or mouth, flush with cold water then contact a physician.
- keep out of reach of children