Undulated Crypt (Cryptocoryne undulata), Bare Root
Undulated Crypt is an excellent midground to background plant whose color provides a great contrast with fully green plants, even in the low-tech and low-light aquarium!
Undulated Crypt (Cryptocoryne undulata ) is a well-known rosette crypt that is native to Sri Lanka. It can grow to a respectable size of around 12 inches (20 cm), although it can be kept at half that size. It makes an excellent midground plant, or even a background plant in smaller aquariums. Its red-brown stem coloration and red coloration on green leaves are very striking and unusual compared to many other aquarium plants.
Undulated Crypt is slow to moderate in growth depending on lighting and nutrient levels. It can adapt to a reasonable variety of water parameters as long as it does not have to endure sudden changes. Like most Cryptocoryne species, it should be allowed plenty of time to “settle in” and should not be moved constantly. Once established, it will reproduce by sending runners that will grow into new plants.
CO2 supplementation is beneficial, but not necessary for this plant. It will also benefit from supplemental fertilizers and nutrient-rich substrate
What We Like About This Plant:
- Tissue Cultures contain no unwanted algae or pest animals
- Unique red-brown coloration
- Very versatile when kept in stable conditions
- Great for low-light and low-tech setups
- Excellent midground plant
- Temperature: 75 – 82.4° F (24 - 28° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to Moderate
- Origin: Grown in nurseries, but indigenous to Sri Lanka
- Aquarium Placement: Midground to Background
- Care: Easy
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!