Tiger Spike Chopstick Snail (Stenomelania acutospira) - LOCALLY BRED!
We are proud to offer LOCALLY BRED, SUPERB specimens of this beautiful and rare snail! This is particularly beneficial for exotic invertebrates, which graze constantly and are sensitive in lengthy shipment.
The Tiger Spike Chopstick Snail (Stenomelania acutospira) is an excellent scavenger and substrate sifter with a unique, spike-shaped appearance. This snail is native to Indonesia and the Philippines. The Tiger Spike Chopstick snail spends most of its time climbing aquarium terrain and burrowing in the substrate.
Feeding and care is very easy for the hardy Tiger Spike Chopstick Snail. It requires the same maintenance and conditions as most tropical aquarium snails and should never be exposed to copper. It will eat nearly any high-quality dry and frozen foods, but it will also feed heavily on algae, biofilm, and decaying plant matter in the aquarium.
What We Like About These Snails:
- Completely peaceful
- Unique, spike-shaped shell with tiger-like striping
- Safe with all plants and excellent for sifting substrate
- Excellent scavenger and algae eater
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 86° F (22° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0 – 8.2
- KH: 2 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 3 - 5 gallons per snail
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be sparingly fed daily.
- Social behavior: Peaceful
- Origin: Indonesia, Philippines
- Average adult size: 1 - 2.5 inches (2.5 - 6.4 cm)
- Average purchase size: .5 - 1 inches (1.3 - 2.5 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!