Taiwanese Dragon Micro Gobies (Schismatogobius ampluvinculus) - 1/2 to 1+ Inch
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
These little fish have the remarkable ability to camouflage and suddenly change colors to match its surroundings.
We are very excited to be one of the only, if not THE only, store in the United States to offer the Taiwanese Dragon Micro Goby (Schismatogobius ampluvinculus). It’s somewhat surprising that this fish is not more well-known because it has the ability to camouflage and dramatically change color to match its surroundings. It can achieve nearly any shade of brown, black, gray, and near white coloration. This is a true freshwater goby that is compatible with adult dwarf shrimp and even the smallest fish, making it a perfect nano aquarium specimen.
The Taiwanese Dragon Micro Goby is a temperate species that requires sub-tropical water conditions. It thrives in planted or heavily decorated aquariums with moderate to high water flow and requires soft sand or smooth gravel substrate in which it can bury itself at times. This fish should initially be fed the smallest of meaty frozen and live foods, but can often be weaned onto high quality dry foods as well. While it is not a schooling fish per se, it can easily be kept in groups whose interaction is very entertaining to watch.
It is important to note that this goby is a truly scaleless fish, so please be cautious when using medications in its aquarium. Some medications require a lower dosage when used with scaleless fish.
- Extremely rare, but very interesting
- Completely peaceful disposition
- Highly variable coloration within individual specimens
- Generally safe to keep with adult dwarf shrimp
- Temperature: 64° - 75° F (18° - 24° C)
- pH: 7.0 - 7.8
- KH: 8 - 20 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 5 gallons
- Diet: Carnivorous. Should initially be fed small, meaty frozen foods. May eventually accept dry foods.
- Social Behavior: Peaceful. Can be kept in groups.
- Origin: Taiwan and Japan
- Average Adult Size: 1 inch (2.5 cm), sometimes up to 2 inches (5 cm).
- Average Purchase Size: .5 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)