Taiwan Triangle Moss (Taxiphyllum alternans) on 3+ inch Driftwood
This magnificent moss is now available already attached to Malaysian driftwood!
Taiwan Moss (Taxiphyllum alternans) is a lesser known, but excellent moss for both experts and beginners alike! It is an alternative to Java Moss that is quickly growing in popularity. It looks similar to Java Moss and Willow Moss and requires the same amount of care.
This is a great plant to keep in any freshwater aquarium due to its low lighting requirements. It is a moss that is capable of living in cold water tanks, as well as tropical tanks. It grows into bushy patches that are always a favorite hiding place for shrimp and fish fry.
We definitely foresee this moss becoming one of the most popular plants in the hobby in the near future, and we are pleased to now offer it already attached to an attractive piece of Malaysian driftwood.
This is a very easy plant to keep without much extra care, but unlike like many plants, it does not seem to benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, nitrogen, and other plant supplements, although many aquarists have great success with this moss purely through keeping a well-maintained aquarium with no supplementation.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Already mounted to driftwood for immediate placement in the aquarium
- Excellent (and potentially more attractive) alternative to Java Moss
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium or terrarium décor
- Low to moderate light requirements
- Little to no supplements needed
- Temperature: 65° - 77° F (18.3° - 25° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Cultivated in nurseries, but indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium placement: Any
- Care: Easy to moderate