Sunrise Hi Fin Platy (Xiphophorus maculatus) - Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Sunrise Hi Fin Platy is an exceptional variety that has a very elegant, extended dorsal fin, especially in males!
The Sunrise Hi Fin Platy (Xiphophorus maculatus) is a very colorful platy variety that has a variety of coloration as well as an extended dorsal fin, especially in males. This is a very peaceful, undemanding fish that will thrive in most aquariums, especially the planted aquarium.
The Sunrise Hi Fin Platy is compatible with most other peaceful aquarium species. It is an omnivore, so it will potentially prey on smaller dwarf shrimp and their fry, but it is otherwise safe to keep with peaceful invertebrates as well. This fish is not a picky eater and it will accept a variety of high-quality dry foods, but these should be supplemented with a variety of frozen foods as well. It will mostly occupy the middle and upper regions of the aquarium, and it does have the ability to jump out of the water, especially while in the early stages of acclimating to a new aquarium. As a result, a secure lid is highly recommended to ensure that this fish does not jump out of the tank.
Plants are not absolutely necessary for the Sunrise Hi Fin Platy, but they will certainly be appreciated. All stem plants, Marimo Balls, and mosses are safe to keep with this fish. The Sunrise Hi Fin Platy is an excellent fish for beginners as well as experts!
What We Like About This Fish:
- Very colorful variety
- Hardy and adaptable
- Beautiful coloration
- Small size, perfect for planted aquariums
- Peaceful disposition
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 77° F (17.7° - 25° C)
- pH: 7.0 - 8.2, though a maximum of 7.5 is ideal
- KH: 10 - 25
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: High quality flake foods and frozen foods such as bloodworms
- Social behavior: Shoaling, peaceful with most species.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Central and South America
- Average adult size: 2 - 2.8 inches (5 - 7.1 cm). Females are larger than males.
- Average purchase size: 1 - 2 inches (2.5 - 5 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!