Sunray Guppy AKA Tequila Sunrise Guppy, Male (Poecilia reticulata), TANK-RAISED!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
These fish feature beautiful, contrasting colors that help make them the centerpiece of any aquarium set-up.
Sunray Guppies are a rare and fairly new addition to the wide variety of guppies available. Their coloration is absolutely breathtaking, making these guppies the star of the show in any aquarium in which they are placed. The head is usually a bright, canary yellow, which tapers off and becomes an iridescent, peacock blue. The tail and fins provide a beautiful contrast with a burst of sunset orange, accentuated by dark markings.
These are young adult males and totally non-aggressive, making them excellent choices for community tanks. Their small size makes them safe with all fish and even small invertebrate like dwarf shrimp that most fish will eat. They are also easy to care for - no special equipment is needed for these exotic-looking fish.
We unfortunately cannot accept requests for female guppies, as we can only offer male guppies at this time.
- pH level range: 5.5 - 8.0
- Temperature range: 64°- 82° F (18° - 28° C)
- Water type: Medium hard to hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet Shrimp, Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, etc.), snails (such as Mystery Snails, Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), other non-aggressive fish (such as other types of Guppies, Danios, Corydoras, etc.).
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for as long as water parameters remain stable. They prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants for cover (such as java moss, Anubias barteri, green cabomba, etc.).