Snowball Shrimp (Neocaridina zhangjiajiensis) - 1/2" to 3/4"
These shrimp are as white as pearls and look especially beautiful against dark backgrounds and substrates!
Snowball Shrimp are perfect for adding tranquil beauty to any aquarium set-up. Also known as White Pearl shrimp, these little beauties are a translucent white, although some individuals feature a bluish tint. They are actually named for their eggs, which are also pure white and closely resemble tiny snowballs!
Snowball shrimp are a selectively bred variant of Neocaridina zhangjiajiensis, and are directly related to Blue Pearl Shrimp. Care requirements for these shrimp are about the same as Sakura Red Cherry shrimp. Additionally, Snowball shrimp are just as hardy and easy to breed as Sakura Red Cherry shrimp. When kept in high quality water that is maintained within the recommended water parameters, these shrimp will grow into large colony in a short amount of time. As with all dwarf shrimp, a colony of Snowball shrimp work as a very effective cleaning crew for your tank, cleaning up algae and waste!
Each bag contains at least five Snowball shrimp, but we usually ship extras. We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age and are around 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in length.
- pH level range: 6.0 - 8.0
- Temperature range: 72°- 82° F (22° - 28° C)
- Water type: Soft or hard, as long as it remains stable
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of dwarf shrimp (such as Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, Amano Shrimp, etc.), various types of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for - similar to other dwarf shrimp species. Dwarf shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, baby tears, green cabomba, etc.). This is because dwarf shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.