Rose Red Rotala (Rotala macrandra), bunch
This plant has possibly the most potential of any aquatic plant for deep red coloration!
Rose Red Rotala (Rotala macrandra) is an exceptionally beautiful plant that is highly appreciated by aquarists. It is much more demanding than many other Rotala species, but it is extremely rewarding when given excellent to optimal care. With the correct water parameters, high lighting, and CO2 supplementation when possible, this plant will become almost unimaginably deep red from top to bottom!
The stems of Rose Red Rotala should be planted far enough apart that the light will penetrate all the way to the bottom of the stem. High lighting is possibly the most important factor in keeping this plant in optimal condition. Fairly high phosphate and low nitrate levels are also preferred. Nutrient-rich substrate is also a necessity. CO2 is not absolutely necessary if these other factors are met, but it certainly is beneficial. The fastest growth will happen in soft water. If its needs are met, Rose Red Rotala will develop side shoots, which can be clipped and replanted as they reach enough length to not be overshadowed by other larger plants.
We are selling this plant in bunches of 4-6 stems each.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Full, deep red coloration with proper care
- Moderately prolific and easy to prune
- Easily among the very most beautiful aquarium plants worldwide
- Breathtaking focal point for the planted aquarium
- Temperature: 65° - 78° F (18° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.0
- Lighting: High, more red coloration is achieved with higher lighting, high phosphates, low nitrates, and CO2
- Origin: Cultivated in nurseries, but indigenous to India
- Aquarium placement: Middle
- Care: Moderate to High
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!