Rotala 'H'ra' (Rotala Rotundifolia 'H'ra' ) Tissue Culture
Rotala sp. H’ra Tissue Culture - Effortless Elegance in Your Aquarium
Introducing Rotala sp. H’ra in Tissue Culture form, an exquisite aquatic plant that combines striking beauty with easy care. This variant of "True H’ra" arrives in a tissue culture cup, free from pests and diseases, ensuring a healthy start for your aquascape.
Rotala sp. H’ra is originally from Southeast Asia. It is often found in countries like Thailand, Malaysia, and surrounding regions. In its native habitat, it grows in aquatic environments like ponds, marshes, and slow-moving streams.
Caring for Rotala sp. H’ra is a rewarding experience, achievable with a few essential guidelines. Provide moderate to high lighting for optimal growth and color development, around 2-3 watts per gallon. Maintain water parameters within the range of 72°F - 82°F (22°C - 28°C) with a pH of 6.0 - 7.5 for its thriving. While adaptable, CO2 supplementation intensifies its vibrant hues. Regular pruning encourages lateral shoots, promoting lush growth. Placing it in the background or midground of your aquarium allows it to flourish while adding depth to your aquascape. With these simple care steps, you can enjoy the captivating beauty of Rotala sp. H’ra in your aquatic sanctuary.
Like most plants, Rotala sp. H’ra will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Iron, and other plant supplements.
This listing is for the tissue culture form of Rotala sp. H’ra . Tissue cultures are superior to traditional forms of aquarium plants in many ways. They are produced in a completely sterile environment which eliminates the possibility of them carrying pest snails or algae spores. They have a shelf life (before introduction to the aquarium) of several months if properly maintained and they are housed in a nutrient gel until introduced to the aquarium. To introduce a tissue culture plant to the aquarium, simply rinse off as much nutrient gel as possible, then plant as usual. The nutrient gel will not harm your aquarium.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Stunning Color Palette: Rotala sp. H’ra exhibits captivating shades of pink, orange, and red, creating a visually captivating spectacle within your aquarium.
- Optimal Growth Conditions: Flourishing under moderate lighting (2-3 watts per gallon), this plant is a testament to ease, especially when coupled with CO2 supplementation for intensified vibrancy.
- Excellent Background plant: Ideal for both background and midground placement, it adds depth and dimension to your aquatic masterpiece.
- Tissue cultures: contain no unwanted pest animals or algae
- Temperature: 63° - 82° F (17° - 28° C)
- pH: 6.0 – 7.0
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Potential Height: 10 - 20 inches (25.5 – 51 cm)
- Origin: Indigenous to South America, but cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium Placement: Foreground
- Care: Moderate
- Growth Rate: Slow
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!