Red Flame Sword (potted), Echinodorus schlueteri x E. barthii hybrid
The Red Flame Sword (Echinodorus schlueteri x E. barthii hybrid) is a breathtaking centerpiece plant for the aquarium. Its green and red leaves make for a very distinctive appearance and its tall, large leaves are remarkably noticeable in heavily planted settings. Best of all, it is extremely undemanding.
Care for the Red Flame Sword is very easy. While it will thrive in high lighting, it is also very durable and can do very well in low to moderate lighting. It requires nutrient rich substrate for its extensive root structure. It produces very large leaves so it must be planted with care to not cast too much shade on other plants as it grows. It is certainly only suitable for background placement in smaller aquaria, but it can also be placed in the middle ground of larger aquaria. The Red Flame Sword reproduces through rhizome division as well as by the production of side shoots, which can be removed and replanted. It is very intolerant of copper.
Like most plants, Red Flame Sword will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Nitrogen and other plant supplements.
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!
What We Like About This Plant:
- Tall and Wide growth that is ideal for larger aquariums
- Very easy to propagate, can be modified for foreground use
- Provides a great deal of cover for animal fry
- Very hardy and durable in a well-lit, nutrient-rich aquarium
- Temperature: 72-83° F (22-28° C)
- pH: 6.5-7.5
- Lighting: Moderate to High
- Origin: Indigenous to South America, cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium Placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Easy