Pink Tuxedo Guppy (Poecilia reticulata "Pink Tuxedo"), Males and Females, Tank-Bred!
$ 10.29 $ 11.49
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Pink Tuxedo Guppy is a lovely variety with lots of pastel coloration!
The Pink Tuxedo Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) is a lovely guppy variety that is not seen nearly as often as many other "tuxedo" varieties in the aquarium hobby. Natural pastel pink coloration is fairly rare in freshwater fish, but this guppy has plenty of it! We are pleased to offer male/female pairs of this fish so that you can start your own little colony if you wish.
Guppies typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the guppy. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but guppies may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Guppies are best kept in small groups.
While not a picky eater, the Pink Tuxedo Guppy will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods. High-quality flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried tubifex and bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Vibrant pink, yellow, blue, purple, and pearl white coloration
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
- Ideal for beginners and experts alike
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 27.7° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- KH: 10 - 30 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to northern South America.
- Average adult size: 2.5 inches (6.3 cm), females are larger
- Average purchase size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm) or larger
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!