Pink/Purple Temple Rosaefolia (Alternanthera reineckii "Rosaefolia") Tissue Culture
Transform Your Aquascape with Vibrant Elegance and color!
Introducing the AR Rosaefolia, a captivating variant of the renowned Alternanthera Reineckii plant. Elevate your aquascape to new heights of visual splendor with its breathtaking red hues and delicate white vein-like patterns that traverse its leaves. A true masterpiece for any aquarium enthusiast, this aquatic gem is a favorite among Dutch aquascapers and will undoubtedly become the centerpiece of your underwater world.
This plant's remarkable coloration and unique leaf patterns make it a sought-after choice for creating vibrant and visually stunning aquascapes. Its distinct appearance adds a dynamic element to underwater landscapes and can serve as a focal point within the aquatic environment.
To ensure optimal growth and maintain its vibrant colors, AR Rosaefolia has specific care requirements. It thrives under medium to high light conditions, which mimic its natural habitat where it grows along the edges of water bodies with ample sunlight. Additionally, providing CO2 supplementation is highly beneficial for promoting healthy growth and coloration. Adequate levels of nutrients, such as iron and micronutrients, are also crucial for maintaining its intense red hues.
AR Rosaefolia can be cultivated both immersed (above water) and submerged (underwater), offering aquascapers flexibility in their design approach. When grown immersed, the plant might exhibit slightly different growth characteristics, but the transition to submerged growth is usually smooth.
Like most plants, Alternanthera reineckii "Rosaefolia" will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Iron, and other plant supplements.
This listing is for the tissue culture form of Scarlet Temple. Tissue cultures are superior to traditional forms of aquarium plants in many ways. They are produced in a completely sterile environment which eliminates the possibility of them carrying pest snails or algae spores. They have a shelf life (before introduction to the aquarium) of several months if properly maintained and they are housed in a nutrient gel until introduced to the aquarium. To introduce a tissue culture plant to the aquarium, simply rinse off as much nutrient gel as possible, then plant as usual. The nutrient gel will not harm your aquarium.
What we like about this plant
- Vivid Red Colors: AR Rosaefolia boasts vibrant red shades that will infuse your aquascape with a burst of eye-catching brilliance.
- Perfect Focal Point: Make a striking statement by positioning this captivating plant as the focal point of your underwater landscape.
- Thrives in Medium-High Light: Enjoy the full brilliance of its colors under medium to high light conditions, mimicking its natural habitat.
- Immersed or Submerged: Experience the versatility of cultivating AR Rosaefolia immersed or submerged, allowing for creative design flexibility.
- Temperature: 63° - 82° F (17° - 28° C)
- pH: 6.0 – 7.0
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Potential Height: 8-10” inches 20.32 to 25.4 cm
- Origin: Indigenous to South America, but cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium Placement: Midground / Background
- Care: Moderate
- Growth Rate: Slow
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!