Panda Cory Catfish (Corydoras panda) - Tank-Raised!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your item contains this item and you choose UPS 2nd Day Air, we will bill you for UPS Next Day Air Service or we will cancel your order. *
Panda Cory Catfish are very peaceful, schooling fish with lively personalities that make them the stars of many an aquarium!
The Panda Cory Catfish (Corydoras panda) is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the community and planted aquarium. It is easily identified by its light pink/tan coloration ornamented by the black dorsal fin, eye stripe, and spot at the base of its tail.
The Panda Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals. It might eat dwarf shrimp fry, but is generally safe to keep with adult dwarf shrimp. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbells and underbelly. This fish is otherwise very undemanding as it will accept most dry and frozen foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed.
- The Panda Cory Catfish is a very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 25° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 6 - 10 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gallons
- Diet: High-quality flake, pellet and wafer foods as well as frozen foods such as bloodworms and Tubifex.
- Social Behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous to South and Central America.
- Average Adult Size: 2 inches (5 cm)
- Average Purchase Size: .5 - 1 inch (1.2 - 2.5 cm)