Oval Ludwigia (Ludwigia ovalis), bunch
$ 4.95 $ 5.95
Oval Ludwigia is a moderate light, undemanding species that can still display great coloration and form in relatively low-tech setups!
Oval Ludwigia (Ludwigia ovalis) is an extremely attractive, yet relatively hardy and low-maintenance stem plant that is much less demanding than many of its relatives. This hardy, fast-growing plant can flourish and highlight the middle or background of the aquascape with striking red, pink, or orange coloration. It can thrive with only moderate lighting, but it has the potential for brighter red coloration with higher lighting and proper supplementation, particularly iron.
This variety of Oval Ludwigia requires moderate. Its trimmings can be replanted. It does not require CO2 supplementation, but CO2 supplementation will contribute to more optimal growth and health.
Like most plants, Oval Ludwigia will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Iron, and other plant supplements.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Excellent orange, red, and pink coloration according to light and nutrient levels
- Easy care
- Excellent middle or background plant
- Provides protective cover for fry and can attach to or cover many surfaces in the aquarium
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Lighting: Medium to High. Higher lighting will help maintain red coloration.
- Potential Height: 8 inches (20 cm), sometimes taller.
- Origin: Cultivated in nurseries, but indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium Placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Easy
- Growth Rate: Fast
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!