Orange Giant Sulawesi Rabbit Snail (Tylomelania zemis) - 1 to 3 inches
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship sulawesi snails exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This snail is a variant of one of the rarest snails in the aquarium hobby, and its body features a beautiful yellow-orange coloration.
- pH level range: 7.5 - 8.5
- Temperature range: 76° - 82° F (24° - 28° C)
- Water type: Soft to medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of snails (Nerite Snails, Mystery Snails, Golden Rabbit Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: These snails are large and need room to move, so it's a good idea to avoid dense vegetation or overcrowding in your aquarium. Sulawesi snails eat algae, plant matter, and invertebrate pellets, and they have also been known to munch on plants like Java Ferns. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.