Miramar Weed (Hygrophila pinnatifida), bunch
Miramar Weed is a fairly adaptable plant that can be kept successfully in a variety of setups. It will display its most intense coloration under high lighting. It does not need to be planted in the substrate and does not require excessively nutrient-rich water, though it does require some consistent potassium content. Another factor in maintaining highest color intensity for this plant is keeping nitrates very low. As long as it is not exposed to extreme conditions, Miramar Weed is not particularly sensitive.
CO2 supplementation is beneficial, but not absolutely necessary for this plant. Like most plants, Miramar Weed will benefit from reasonable supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Nitrogen and other plant supplements.
- Remarkably versatile with beautiful, distinctive form
- Incredible coloration
- Thrives when attached to driftwood or rockwork
- Prolific growth
- Very adaptable
- Temperature: 68° - 80° F (20° - 26° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- Lighting: Moderate to High
- Origin: Lab-grown tissue culture, but indigenous to India
- Aquarium placement: Midground, Background
- Care: Moderate