Marsh Seedbox AKA Water Purslane (Ludwigia palustris), Bunch
March Seedbox is a widespread Ludwigia species that has potential to reach total, radiant red/pink coloration under optimal conditions!
Marsh Seedbox (Ludwigia palustris), also known as Water Purslane, is a very striking red plant for the freshwater aquarium. With optimal care, this hardy, fast-growing plant can flourish and highlight the middle or background of the aquascape with intense, complete red coloration. It can thrive with only moderate lighting, but it has the potential for complete red coloration with higher lighting, proper supplementation, and iron-rich substrate.
Marsh Seedbox requires moderate to high lighting. Its trimmings can be replanted. It does not require CO2 supplementation, but CO2 supplementation will contribute to more optimal growth and health. High lighting and iron-rich substrate is necessary for this plant to maintain its optimal ultra red coloration. Under moderate lighting, it can still thrive, but it will have a great deal of green coloration.
Like most plants, Marsh Seedbox will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Iron, and other plant supplements.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Extraordinary red coloration and very prolific growth in ideal conditions
- Easy care
- Excellent middle or background plant
- Provides protective cover for fry and can attach to or cover many surfaces in the aquarium
- Temperature: 59° - 77° F (15° - 25° C)
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Lighting: Moderate to High. Higher lighting will help maintain red coloration.
- Potential Height: 12+ inches (30+ cm)
- Origin: Cultivated in nurseries, but indigenous to North America
- Aquarium Placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Easy
- Growth Rate: Fast
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!