Lambchop Rasboras (Trigonostigma espei) - 1/2 inch - Tank-raised!
These delightful little fish feature a striking pattern and bold colors, as well as a pleasant temperament.
Our Lambchop Rasboras are tank-raised! We are one of the only suppliers in the US that offers tank-raised Lambchop Rasboras.
Lambchop Rasboras are omnivores and are not too picky about eating. They will likely eat fish flakes or pellets, but they need a varied diet in order to breed (if breeding them is something you are interested in). Experienced keepers of these fish have found that their colors are brought out best when they are also fed some frozen or live foods (such as brine shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, and insect larvae). They will also eat blanched vegetables, such as lettuce, zucchini, kale, etc. Our Lambchop Rasboras ship out as juveniles or young adults that are about a half inch in length, and they may grow up to 1½ inches. These fish are also sold under the name “False Harlequin Rasbora.”
- pH level range: 5.5 - 7.5
- Temperature range: 73° - 82° F (23° - 28° C)
- Water type: Soft to medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Dwarf shrimp (such as Bee shrimp, Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry shrimp, etc.), snails (such as Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), other non-aggressive fish (such as Danios, Rasboras, Corydoras, etc.).
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for as long as water parameters remain stable. They prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants for cover (such as java moss, dwarf anubias, mermaid weed, etc.).