Koi Endler’s Livebearer, Male/Female Pair (Poecilia wingei), TANK-RAISED!
$ 2.95 $ 4.95
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This striking variety of the Endler’s Livebearer is perfect for the nano or planted aquarium!
The Koi Endler’s Livebearer (Poecilia wingei) is an extremely colorful, peaceful fish whose small size makes it absolutely perfect for the nano or planted aquarium. This fish is very similar to the larger common guppy (Poecilia reticulata). It is very hardy, especially for such a small fish. It is rare to find quality endler specimens in male/female pairs, so we are very pleased to offer them! As with all endlers and guppies, males are much more colorful than their larger female counterparts.
Endlers typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the endler. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but endlers may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Endlers are best kept in groups or pairs.
While not a picky eater, the Koi Endler’s Livebearer will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods supplemented with spirulina or other nutritious vegetable matter. High-quality and flake food, pellets, and live, frozen, or freeze-dried Tubifex and finely chopped bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Beautiful orange, yellow, and red coloration in males
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 75° - 86° F (24° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0-8.5
- KH: 15-35 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 5 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social Behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous to northern South America
- Average Adult Size: 1 inch (2.5 cm) for males, 1.8 inch (4.5 cm) for females
- Average Purchase Size: .5-1 inch (1.3-2.5 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!