Kleiner Prinz Sword (Echinodorus sp. hybrid), bare root
The Kleiner Prinz Sword is a rare hybrid that matures to incredible red coloration and only grows to 12 inches or less!
Kleiner Prinz Sword (Echinodorus sp.) is a rare and beautiful sword plant hybrid. Its bright green and red leaves are large and vibrant, and the plant only grows to a maximum of 12 inches, making it ideal for aquariums that are too small for most other sword plants. It can even thrive in low-tech setups wiith moderate to high lighting and nutrient-rich substrate!
Kleiner Prinz Sword is a member of the plant group known as Rosettes, which are known for their extremely short stem axis and for the way their leaves grow upward from the base of the plant. This plant can grow up to 12 inches in height with the proper lighting and water quality, but it often grows to only 8-10 inches. Approximate shipping size of our Kleiner Prinz Swords is 5-6 inches tall. As with all of our plants (besides tissue cultures), our Rose Sparkle Swords are kept in water in a dedicated tank rather than plastic packaging, which means your plant will arrive much healthier.
Like most plants, Kleiner Prinz Sword will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Nitrogen, Iron, and other plant supplements.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Distinctive green and red leaves
- Smaller maximum size than many other sword plants
- Very easy to propagate
- Provides a great deal of cover for animal fry
- Very hardy and durable in a well-lit, nutrient-rich aquarium
- Temperature: 72° - 84° F (22° - 29° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Parent species indigenous to South America, hybrid cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Easy
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!