Guppy Grass AKA Najas Grass (Najas guadelupensis), Loose Portion
Guppy Grass is a fast-growing, low-maintenance plant that is invaluable as a refuge for fish and invertebrate fry!
Guppy Grass (Najas guadelupensis) is a very in-demand plant that is visually attractive, but also extremely useful to fish and invertebrate breeders. It provides excellent refuge for fry while also helping to maintain very good water quality. This plant can thrive in low-light and low-tech setups and will grow into a large mass that can be easily pruned. Guppy Grass can be planted, but it is typically best left floating in a free-form mass. It can even often live in brackish water!
Like many plants, Guppy Grass will benefit from some additional supplementation, but it will typically grow very quickly regardless.
(No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer, can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free, we can not guarantee our plants will be snail free)
We offer two portions of Guppy Grass which can be selected directly under the "Select a Portion" option at the top of this page:
- 1/2 Cup - This is a smaller portion of Guppy Crass, which is enough to start two to three patches that will grow out quickly. The plant ships as a loose portion/bunch in a plastic container.
- 1 Cup - This is a larger portion of Guppy Grass, which is enough to start multiple patches that will grow out quickly. It is also shipped as a loose portion/bunch in a plastic container.
- Superb refuge for small fish, invertebrates, and fry
- Unique appearance that contrasts nicely with most other plants
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium décor
- Low light requirements
- Little to no supplements needed
- Temperature: 64° - 86° F (18° - 30° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Farmed in nurseries, indigenous to North, Central, and South America
- Aquarium placement: Any
- Care: Easy