Ghost Wizard Piano Snail (Filopaludina martensi)
This unique, active snail is a very impressive scavenger and algae eater that is not often seen in the hobby!
The Ghost Wizard Piano Snail (Filopaludina martensi) is an excellent scavenger and substrate sifter with a unique, ivory-like shell. It is native to Thailand and some other countries in Southeast Asia. The Ghost Wizard Piano Snail spends most of its time climbing aquarium terrain and burrowing in the substrate. It is a livebearing snail, but it does not reproduce asexually and it will not proliferate at a high (or even noticeable) rate, so it will not become a "pest" snail. It is very similar to the Japanese Trapdoor Snail in its size and shape.
Feeding and care is very easy for the Ghost Wizard Piano Snail. It requires the same maintenance and conditions as most tropical aquarium snails and should never be exposed to copper. It will eat nearly any high-quality dry and frozen foods, but it will also feed heavily on algae, biofilm, and decaying plant matter in the aquarium. The Ghost Wizard Piano Snail is somewhat sensitive to declining water quality, so regular aquarium maintenance is a must.
What We Like About These Snails:
- Completely peaceful
- Unique, ivory-like shell
- Safe with all plants and excellent for sifting substrate
- Excellent scavenger and algae eater
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 86° F (22° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0 – 8.2
- KH: 2 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5-10 gallons per snail
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be sparingly fed daily.
- Social behavior: Peaceful
- Origin: Thailand
- Average adult size: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 2 inches (2.5 - 5 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!