Ghost Crayfish (Procambarus clarkii var. "Ghost") - Tank-Bred!
Due to state restrictions on invasive species, we are not able to ship or sell any color morph of the Procambarus clarkii crayfish to the following states: Michigan and Wisconsin
This species if prohibited to own in the above states, meaning it is illegal to possess them live in these states. This includes possession for consumption, education, aquarium trade, or any other live trade.
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship Ghost Crayfish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
As with all of our crayfish, the coloration of the Ghost Crayfish is EXTREMELY high quality. This crayfish may TEMPORARILY change color and hide more than usual after molting, which may occur during shipping. If your crayfish has faded color and you find a molt in the bag or in your aquarium, do not worry; this is normal and the bright color will return in 2 weeks or less.
- 1 Male Ghost Crayfish - 2 to 3+ inch Young Adult (We guarantee a very high-quality, breeding age young adult male crayfish for this listing)
- 1 Female Ghost Crayfish - 2 to 3+ inches (We guarantee a very high-quality, breeding age young adult female crayfish for this listing)
- 1 Male/Female Pair of Ghost Crayfish - 2 to 3+ inches (We guarantee a very high-quality, breeding age young adult male/female crayfish pair for this listing)
1 Juvenile Ghost Crayfish - 1+ inch (A younger and smaller variant of Ghost Crayfish at a lower price than our young adult specimens. This is a particularly fast-growing, hardy species and will usually grow well into adult size and coloration within 1 to 3 months. In the meantime, any customers who choose to go with a juvenile specimen can save some money and experience the excitement of watching their little crayfish grow!)
- 1 B-Grade Ghost Crayfish - 2 to 3+ inch Young Adult (All of our “B-Grade” crayfish are simply specimens that are missing legs or claws. Loss of appendages is not permanent and happens commonly with crustaceans. They are completely healthy with excellent coloration and will completely regenerate lost appendages within 1 to 2 molts (about 2 to 3 months)
- 1 B-Grade Juvenile Ghost Crayfish - 1+ inch (All of our “B-Grade” crayfish are simply specimens that are missing legs or claws. Loss of appendages is not permanent and happens commonly with crustaceans. They are completely healthy with excellent coloration and will completely regenerate lost appendages within 1 to 2 molts (about 2 to 3 months)
- Incredible red, white, and blue coloration that makes for a wonderful centerpiece to the aquarium
- Much more active than many crayfish species
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 65 - 76° F (18 - 24° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 6 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 30 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. High-quality sinking pellets, plants, and freeze-dried or frozen meaty foods will be readily accepted. Cuttlebone should be added to the aquarium to supplement calcium, which will aid in exoskeleton production.
- Social behavior: Can be aggressive/territorial with its own kind. Crayfish will typically eat whatever they can catch, but since they are slow-moving, they are not often able to harm fast-moving fish.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Southeastern United States
- Average adult size: 4 - 5 inches (10 - 12.7 cm) body length, minus claws
- Average purchase size: 1+ inch (2.5+ cm)
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Fast-moving fish (such as Celestial Pearl Danios, Rasboras, Guppies, etc.). While dwarf shrimp can be kept successfully with these crayfish, caution should be exercised, as the crayfish have been known to catch and eat slow, sick, or particularly small shrimp. Cichlids can be aggressive toward crayfish and should not be kept in the same tank. Bottom-dwelling tankmates should definitely be avoided.