German Blue Ram Cichlids (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi) - 1 to 2 inches
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your item contains this item and you choose UPS 2nd Day Air, we will bill you for UPS Next Day Air Service or we will cancel your order. *
These dwarf cichlids are one of the most colorful and exotic-looking freshwater fish you'll ever find!
Otherwise, German Blue Ram Cichlids are very peaceful and totally safe to keep with shrimp, snails, live plants, and other non-aggressive fish. We sell these fish in a group of 3 because they are known to do best in groups of 3 or more. These fish are omnivores, but they may be finicky about food upon being introduced to a new tank. It's a good idea to start them on foods like brine shrimp, bloodworms, and frozen or live mosquito larvae. Then, you can introduce them to easier foods like fish flakes or pellets.
- pH level range: 5.0 - 7.0
- Temperature range: 72° - 82° F (22° - 27° C)
- Water type: Soft to medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet Shrimp, Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, etc.), snails (such as Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), other non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for as long as water parameters remain stable. They prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants for cover (such as java moss, baby tears, green cabomba, etc.).