El Tigre Endler’s Livebearer (Poecilia wingei var. "El Tigre"), Male - Tank-Raised!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This uncommon endler variety is very colorful and distinctive. Like all endlers, it makes a wonderful addition to the nano, planted, or community aquarium!
The El Tigre Endler’s Livebearer (Poecilia wingei var. "El Tigre") is an extremely colorful, peaceful fish whose small size makes it absolutely perfect for the nano or planted aquarium. The El Tigre Endler variety is distinctive by its high amount of black coloration and striping. This black coloration contrasts very nicely with the also ample green, red, and blue coloration that covers the rest of the El Tigre Endler's body. This fish is very similar to the larger common guppy (Poecilia reticulata). It is very hardy, especially for such a small fish.
Endlers typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the Endler. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but Endlers may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Endlers are best kept in groups.
While not a picky eater, the El Tigre Endler’s Livebearer will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods supplemented with spirulina or other nutritious vegetable matter. High-quality and flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried tubifex and bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
We are currently offering males of this spectacular variety!
- Beautiful neon blue, red, green, and black coloration
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
Temperature: 75° - 86° F (24° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0 - 8.5
- KH: 15 - 35 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous to northern South America.
- Average adult size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: .5 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)