Dwarf Baby Tears Pot - Hemianthus callitrichoides
Dwarf Baby Tears (Hemianthus callitrichoides) is an exceedingly popular foreground plant in the freshwater aquarium. Its short yet plentiful leaf clusters will cover virtually all substrate, rockwork, and driftwood of even very large aquariums with proper care. It can also thrive and grow as a floating mat at the surface of the water, providing refuge for fish and shrimp fry while maintaining its role as a beautiful decoration.
While not an expert-level plant, Dwarf Baby Tears is a bit more demanding than regular Baby Tears. It requires high lighting and nutrient-rich water. While not absolutely necessary, CO2 supplementation is beneficial and will contribute to much faster growth and stability. This plant will regress rapidly if it does not have excellent water conditions.
Like most plants, Dwarf Baby Tears will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Nitrogen and other plant supplements.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Fast growing when kept in nutrient-rich water
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium décor or left floating in loose form
- Provides protective cover for fry
- Quickly covers large portions of the aquascape
- Temperature: 68° - 82° F (20° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.5
- Lighting: High
- Origin: Indigenous to Cuba, cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium placement: Foreground
- Care: Moderate
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!