DELUXE Multi-Color Mystery Snail COMBO PACK (Pomacea bridgesii) - Tank-Raised!
We try to ship mostly young Mystery Snails to customers so that they can be kept and enjoyed for more of their lifespan; thus, most of our Mystery Snails will arrive at a smaller size (around 1/2 to 1-1/2 inches in diameter). They have voracious appetites and grow in size VERY quickly if they are fed well; a young Mystery Snail can double in size in a matter of weeks to months.
NOTE: If you search the Internet for Mystery Snails, many results will state that these are the same species as Apple Snails. These are NOT Apple Snails, though they do resemble them in shape. Apple Snails are considered an invasive species and are illegal to own in the United States. Our Mystery Snails do not grow to the tremendous size that Apple Snails do (often as big as an apple).
- A variety of bright shell colors
- Its playful behavior makes it more fun to watch than other snails
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 68° - 84° F (20° - 29° C)
- pH: 7.6 - 8.4
- KH: 2 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2.5 gallons per snail
- Diet: Other than algae and biofilm, Mystery Snails also eat leftover fish/invertebrate flakes and pellets and blanched vegetables such as zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber.
- Warning! Avoid any food product, medication, or plant fertilizer that contains Copper of any form. Copper is toxic to invertebrates. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper or more commonly copper sulfate. Always look at the ingredient list for any product going into the aquarium to ensure they are copper free.
- Social behavior: Peaceful and solitary; will not engage with tankmates.
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous to South America.
- Average adult size: 2.5 - 3+ inches (5 - 7.6+ cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 2 inches (1.3 - 5 cm)