CW045 AKA False Armatus Cory Catfish (Corydoras sp. CW045)
The False Armatus Cory Catfish is a very uncommon and unique fish. We are proud to offer full-grown, breeding size adult specimens!
The False Armatus Cory Catfish (Corydoras sp. CW045), also known as the CW045 Cory Catfish, is one of the less common, but very beautifully marked species. It is marked with a distinct black band across its eye, with an orange patch at the top of its head. It also has a uniquely long dorsal fin compared to most corydoras. It is somewhat rare in the aquarium hobby, but welcome and desired by many aquarists and enthusiasts of community Amazon fish due to its beautiful markings. It is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the community and planted aquarium.
The False Armatus Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals, including dwarf cichlids and angelfish. It might prey on some smaller dwarf shrimp, but is safe with larger shrimp and most other peaceful ornamental invertebrates. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbels and underbelly, so it should be kept in an aquarium with sand or very smooth gravel substrate. This fish is otherwise undemanding as it will accept most dry, frozen, and live foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed and sudden changes are avoided.
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Distinctive dark gray body coloration with rust colored fins
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Temperature: 68° - 79° F (20° - 26° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.0. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 30 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality dry foods as well as live and frozen meaty foods. Variety is essential.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Venezuela
- Average adult size: 2.2 - 2.4 inches (5.5 - 6.0 cm)
- Average purchase size: 2.0 - 2.4 inches (5.0 - 6.0 cm)