Cryptocoryne Balansae (Cryptocoryne crispatula "Balansae"), Bare Root
This Cryptocoryne is undemanding and can grow to a large size!
Cryptocoryne Balansae (Cryptocoryne crispatula "Balansae") is a large aquatic plant that occurs in India and Southeast Asia. It can grow to a large size, so it is an excellent plant for the medium to large aquarium, or as the centerpiece of a small aquarium. It requires stable conditions, but it is a very hardy plant that is relatively durable, even with many cichlids.
Cryptocoryne Balansae is a slow-growing plant that only requires low to moderate lighting. Like most Cryptocoryne species, it should be allowed plenty of time to “settle in” and should not be moved constantly. Once established, it will reproduce by sending runners that will grow into new plants. This species is distinctive not only because of its very large size, but also it's unusual leaf texture.
CO2 supplementation is beneficial, but not necessary for this plant. It will also benefit from supplemental fertilizers and nutrient-rich substrate
What We Like About This Plant:
- Great for low-light and low-tech setups
- Large, long leaves that develop a red underside
- Excellent background plant that can grow to massive size
- Relatively uncommon
- Thrives in hard water
- Temperature: 75 – 82.4° F (24 - 28° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to Moderate
- Origin: Nursery grown, but indigenous to India and Southeast Asia
- Aquarium Placement: Midground, Background
- Care: Easy
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!