Creeping Primrose-Willow (Ludwigia repens), bunch
Ludwigia repens is planted aquarium staple that will add a burst of red and green to your background!
Creeping Primrose-Willow (Ludwigia repens) is arobust stem plant that boasts oval shaped green leaves with red typically showing on the under side of the leaf. Like most Ludwigia species the emersed growth leaves will be more rounded and green in coloration.
This hardy, fast-growing plant can flourish and highlight the middle or background of the aquascape. It can live with only moderate lighting, but it has the potential for brighter red coloration with higher lighting and proper supplementation, particularly iron.
Like most plants, Cuban Ludwigia will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Iron, and other plant supplements.
No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free. We can not guarantee our plants will be snail free.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Excellent green and red coloration, but has potential for brighter colors with higher light and supplementation
- Excellent background or midground plant
- Provides protective cover for fry and can attach to or cover many surfaces in the aquarium
- Temperature: 64° - 86° F (18° - 30° C)
- pH: 4.5 – 7.0
- Lighting: Higher lighting will help maintain red coloration.
- Potential Height: 4 - 8 inches (10 - 20 cm).
- Origin: Cultivated in nurseries, but indigenous to North and Central America
- Aquarium Placement: Middle to Background
- CO2: Not necessary, but can make for a more robust plant
- Care: Easy
- Growth Rate: Fast
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!