Sterbai's Cory Catfish (Corydoras sterbai), TANK-RAISED SCHOOL!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
Also known as Sterba's Corydoras, these fish feature a marvelous dappled pattern that truly sets them apart.
Corydoras sterbai are among the most popular of the numerous currently known species within the Corydora classification, and this can be credited to their beautiful markings. Their heads feature white dots on a black background - a very unique characteristic for corydoras, as most of them have the colors reversed. Their bodies are speckled with both black and white dots that provide an absolutely stunning contrast. Much like their cousins the Corydoras paleatus, these catfish exhibit very interesting and often playful behavior. They are fairly small (they grow to a maximum of about 2 1/2 inches), so they are perfect for home aquariums.
- pH level range: 6.0 - 7.6
- Temperature range: 75° - 82° F (24° - 28° C)
- Water type: Very soft to medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet Shrimp, Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, etc.), snails (such as Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), other non-aggressive fish (such as Celestial Pearl Danios, Rasboras, etc.).
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for as long as water parameters remain stable. Providing plenty of plant cover is important for these catfish - plants such as java moss, giant ambulia, green cabomba, and others. These fish will eat most kinds of fish foods, including flakes and pellets, but their diets can also be supplemented with live or frozen foods such as daphnia, bloodworms, etc.