Brazilian Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis brasiliensis) Tissue Culture
$ 10.95 $ 13.95
This grass-like micro sword species is exceptional for creating a "lawn" in the foreground of the aquarium!
This listing is for the tissue culture form of Brazilian Micro Sword. Tissue cultures are superior to traditional forms of aquarium plants in many ways. They are produced in a completely sterile environment which eliminates the possibility of them carrying pest snails or algae spores. They have a shelf life (before introduction to the aquarium) of several months if properly maintained and they are housed in a nutrient gel until introduced to the aquarium. To introduce a tissue culture plant to the aquarium, simply rinse off as much nutrient gel as possible, then plant as usual. The nutrient gel will not harm your aquarium.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Tissue cultures contain no unwanted pest animals or algae
- Superb foreground carpeting plant
- Grows in a dense mat that will easily cover a large area if desired
- Provides a great deal of cover for animal fry
- Very hardy and durable in a nutrient-rich aquarium
- Temperature: 70° - 83° F (21° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.0
- Lighting: Low to High
- Origin: Lab-grown tissue culture, but indigenous to Brazil, Paraguay, and Argentina
- Aquarium placement: Foreground
- Care: Easy