Dwarf Blue Panda Guppy, Male (Poecilia reticulata) - Tank-Raised!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Dwarf Blue Panda Guppy is a relatively new color strain that has only very recently become available and so far, we are one of the few stores to offer it. Its white and black/dark blue overall coloration is beautifully highlighted with iridescent lighter blue across most of its body. While it is rare, the Dwarf Blue Panda Guppy has quickly become a popular fish for the nano or planted aquarium, particularly due to its exceptionally small size, which makes it an excellent cohabitant for dwarf shrimp.
Guppies typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the guppy. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but guppies may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Guppies are best kept in small to large groups.
While not a picky eater, the Dwarf Blue Panda Guppy will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods. High-quality flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried tubifex and bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
* PLEASE NOTE: We unfortunately cannot accept requests for female guppies, as we only have male guppies available at this time. *
- Highly unique coloration
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 27.7° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- KH: 10 - 30 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will readily accept high quality dry and frozen foods
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous to Northern South America
- Average adult size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)